Chapin Stainless Steel Sprayer - 2 Gallon #1253
(Shoulder strap is optional and does NOT come with sprayer.)
The Chapin Premier Pro Stainless Steel Sprayer is a durable all-purpose sprayer.
a 2-gallon stainless steel tank with funnel top design for easy
cleaning and filling, brass wand, brass shut-off, adjustable brass
nozzle and 42-inch reinforced hose.
Compatible with most
fertilizers, weed killers and pesticides, the Premier Series Pro Sprayer
is a good choice for the homeowner and professional.
Durable 2-Gallon funnel top stainless steel tank
Compatible with common fertilizers, weed killers and pesticides
Brass adjustable nozzle
Brass Shut-off with lock-on feature for fatigue-free spraying
Ergonomic handle for easy pumping and carrying
Premier features a brass handle and 12" wand with an adjustable
4-position nozzle, allowing for the option of spraying in fan, mist,
coarse, or rain patterns. ***Shoulder strap is optional and does NOT come with sprayer.***
Brass handle, 12 in. wand, easy pump ergo handle for quick pressuring.
Includeds: Adjustable brass nozzle, 12 in. brass extension wand **Shoulder strap is optional and does NOT come with sprayer**
1. Hose to Tank
sure hose is pushed all the way to the tank. Make sure hose clamp is
tight and below the hose barb. Turn clockwise with a screwdriver to
Attach nozzle to shut-off handle or extension wand.
3. Pre-Use Check
1) Check tightness of hose nut to be sure hose is securely attached to the tank outlet.
Inspect hose for deterioration, cracks, softness, or brittleness. If
any of these conditions are found, replace hose before using. Replace
with original manufacturer’s parts only.
3) Remove pump (see
Filling, Pressurizing and Spraying Instructions), inspect interior and
exterior of tank for signs of deterioration of body and bottom. Any sign
of deterioration indicates possible tank weakening and could result in
explosive bursting under pressure. If any of these signs are found,
discard tank immediately and replace. Do not attempt to patch leaks,
etc., as this could result in serious injury.
4) Follow Filling, Pressurizing and Spraying Instructions, except use water only.
5) Pump plunger 8-10 strokes and inspect for leaks.
6) Direct shut-off away from you and open to make sure discharge is not clogged.
If unit passes this test, release pressure (see Pressure Releasing
Instructions), empty tank, and proceed with Filling, Pressurizing and
1) Turn pump handle counterclockwise and remove pump
2) Prepare spray solution following all directions and safety warnings on chemical label.
3) Fill tank to no more than the proper gallon marker. Do NOT: overfill to accommodate pump.
4)Check pump to make sure that no grass or dirt is stuck to barrel. Replace pump in tank and tighten securely.
5. Pressurizing and Spraying
1) Turn handle clockwise to tighten. Push handle down, turn 1/4 turn counterclockwise to release.
2) Pump until you feel resistance.
3) Push handle, down, turn 1/4 turn clockwise to lock. Begin spraying. Re-pump sprayer as required to maintain spray force.
Adjust spray pattern by turning nozzle cap. Do not turn cap more than 2
turns or cap may come off allowing spray material to spray back on you.
6. To Release Pressure
With pump facing away, turn locked handle counterclockwise until air
begins to escape. Stop turning handle when you hear air escaping.
2) Stay away from the sprayer until all air has escaped.
7. Care, Storage and Maintenance
Rinse tank thoroughly with water only, empty, refill with water. Follow
Filling, Pressurizing and Spraying Instructions, except pump unit only
2) Open shut-off and allow water to run through discharge assembly.
3) Release pressure (Follow Pressure Release Instructions), remove pump and empty sprayer.
4) Store sprayer tank upside down, with pump removed, in a warm dry location.
5) Periodically oil pump by dropping 10-12 drops of light oil down pump rod through opening in cover.